1. Put all the dried fruits (dried prunes, dried apricots ,black raisins, goji berry, dried cranberries, golden raisins(sultanas) figs(anjeer), dried cherries, dried blue berries, orange zest , lemon zest) in a large sauce pan and pour brandy in it , boil for 10 minutes.
2. After cooling it keep it for 2 days.
3. Line the sides and bottom of a deep 20 cm/8 inch round cake tin , 18 cm/7 inch square cake tin with a double layer of parchment paper .The parchment paper should be higher than the sides of tin.
4. Take a big glass bowl and beat 6 eggs , add lemon juice, orange juice, melted butter ,brown sugar, ground (cinnamon , cloves, ginger, nutmeg) , baking powder ,baking soda, ground almonds, walnuts, flour, almond essence, now add all the dried fruits in the mixture.
5. After the mixture is ready pour it into the 2 cake tins.
6. Preheat the oven at 150 degree c/300 degree f for 10 minutes.
7. Transfer the cake tin to the preheated oven and bake it for 1 hour at 150 degree c(each cake tin )
8. Before taking it out check whether the cake has been baked properly with the help of a skewer.
9. Switch off the oven , open the door and leave the cake inside for 5 to 6 minutes.
10. After taking it out of the oven pour brandy on the top, then keep it aside for an hour.
11. It’s ready to be served.
Enjoy cooking & eating!
One stop destination where all search ends for delicious, authentic, versatile and lips smacking recipes. If you are a food lover or cooking is your passion and love to surprise near and dear ones with new dishes, then you are at the right place.
Our subscription-free website, filled with cooking videos and over 100 recipes, teach people how to create healthy and delicious meals at home.