Delicious traditional sweet especially made in winter
White flour-2 cup
Rock sugar powder-200gm
Khoya-200gm (dried evaporated milk solids)
Vegetable oil (for frying) or clarified butter
Clarified butter -2tsp
Pinch of salt
Granulated sugar-2 cup
1. Take a bowl, add white flour, salt, granulated sugar and clarified butter, mix them properly.
2. Add water as required and make a smooth dough ,cover it with a moist napkin, keep it for 30mins.
3. Take a another bowl add khoya (dried evaporated milk solids),rock sugar powder,raisins and mix it up with the help of spoon ,keep this stuff aside.
4. After 30mins take a dough which was prepared before, and roll it with the hand.
5. Make small balls from this dough, take a small ball and with the help of rolling pin roll each ball into a circle.
6. Take one circle, keep the khoya stuff (sweet mixture) and cover it with another prepared circle,press the two circle edges carefully (puli).
7. Prepare all( puli) by using this method.
8. Boil the water in a bowl,add granulated sugar ,boil this until the syrup turns slightly sticky.
9. Heat the oil (clarified butter can be used)and fry all of these puli.
10. Transfer the fried puli (mohan puli) into the hot sugar syrup.
11. After few minutes remove this puli from sugar syrup.
12. Now mohon puli is ready to be served.
Enjoy cooking & eating!
One stop destination where all search ends for delicious, authentic, versatile and lips smacking recipes. If you are a food lover or cooking is your passion and love to surprise near and dear ones with new dishes, then you are at the right place.
Our subscription-free website, filled with cooking videos and over 100 recipes, teach people how to create healthy and delicious meals at home.